Today I’m going to introduce my first recipe, the ultimate comfort food with a twist: bacon Pepperjack mac & cheese.
1/2 cup Milk
A half cup or so of Pepperjack cheese (grated)
A few sprinkles of Parmesan cheese
A few tablespoons of Flour
1 box of Elbows Chifferi (or other noodles if you prefer, such as macaroni noodles)
4-6 strips of Bacon (depending on personal preference)
1 Baking/casserole dish
1 Cheese grater (or another method of grating cheese)
1. Boil a few cups of water in a pot.
2. When the water is boiling, add the noodles. Cook as directed on box and to desired softness. For firmer noodles, cook less, and for softer noodles, cook longer.
3. Drain the noodles and set aside.
4. Grate the Pepperjack cheese and set aside.
5. Using a pan, cook bacon to desired crispness and set aside.
6. Using a pot, on medium-low heat, add the milk.
7. While stirring, add the Pepperjack cheese and a few sprinkles of Parmesan cheese.
8. Depending on the consistency, add flour by the teaspoon until thick like cheese fondue.
9. Continue stirring sauce.
10. Add noodles to casserole dish.
11. Add sauce to casserole dish, over noodles.
12. Slice bacon into bite-size pieces.
13. Add bacon to casserole dish, over noodles.
14. Stir contents of casserole dish together.
15. Bake for 10-20 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Photos by: Colin Diltz
Post by: Melissa Rook