So I went home last weekend and I was talking to my parents about my food blog. They haven’t really been too into it but when I mentioned sloppy joes my dad seemed interested. I, however, didn’t know that sloppy joes are normally made with beef. Thus this recipe is a little different from the traditional recipe, but here goes! I feel like this is a very American food.
1 lb. ground pork (thawed)
1/4 cup minced onions
1/4-1/3 cup grated Pepperjack cheese
1 teaspoon (or so) BBQ sauce
Sriracha (to taste, maybe 1/2 teaspoon)
Cumin (to taste, 1/2 teaspoon)
Chili powder (to taste, 1/2 teaspoon)
Lemon juice (to taste, 1/3 teaspoon)
Optional: Hamburger buns
1. Grate your Pepperjack cheese.
2. Mince the onion.
3. Add your pork to the pan, breaking it up into small, separate pieces and browning it on both sides.
4. Add the onion and lemon juice.
5. Add chili powder and cumin and stir.
6. Add your Sriracha and mix.
7. Add your BBQ sauce of choice and mix.
8. Plate your sloppy joe on a hamburger bun and enjoy!
Post by: Melissa Rook
Photos by: Colin Diltz