Here it is, as promised! My favorite sandwiches. These are great for lunch or dinner, but they are best served soon after cooking because they are delicious warm. You can use whatever meat you’d like, as long as it’s lunchmeat. I would recommend beef but pork would be ok too. I wouldn’t use chicken, but if that’s what you like then go for it. You can also use your favorite cheese. I think provolone and pepperjack both work well, but another cheese I’d recommend is asiago as it’s my favorite. 🙂
2-5 cloves of garlic (minced)
2 T olive oil
Black pepper beef (lunchmeat)
Ciabatta bread (you can learn how to make your own HERE.)
A little less than a cup of less-liquidy basil pesto, stirred (homemade or store bought)
Cheese of your choice (but we are using provolone, I got tired of pepperjack!)
( A pound of meat makes about 4 sandwiches)
1. Mince garlic.
2. Bring olive oil to medium high heat in a pan and add garlic. Sautee garlic until golden brown.
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
4. Add meat to pan.
5. Cook meat until slightly charred at edges.
6. Cut ciabatta bread into desired sandwich-sized pieces and in half.
7. spread one half of each sandwich with pesto and the other half with cheese.
7. Stack meat on pesto side of sandwiches.
8. Place in oven and check every 5 minutes until cheese is melted.
What’s your favorite kind of sandwich? Have you ever tried pesto? If not GO FOR IT. I definitely recommend the homemade bread. 🙂
Post by: Melissa Rook
Photos by: Colin Diltz