Thick-cut bacon is AMAZING. And the basis of this meal.
Colin, who had a pound of 80-20 fat ratio ground beef in his freezer, decided burgers were the perfect way to work with what he already had. He also had buns, onion, garlic, two types of cheese, and potatoes.
We, of course, had to GET BACON.
1 lb. ground beef (burgers)
Hamburger buns (burgers)
Bacon strips (burgers)
Cheddar cheese (burgers)
(Other toppings, like avocado, tomato, lettuce, etc.)
6 medium potatoes (fries)
6 cloves of garlic (fries)
1/2 cup grated mozzarella cheese (fries)
Oil for frying in electric skillet (if you want – fries)
Salt and pepper (fries)
1. Thaw the meat! (SO IMPORTANT, we never remember to thaw it ahead of time.)
2. Form the meat into patties. (We made 4.)
3. Heat up the oil in the electric skillet.
4. Cut up the potatoes (to desired fry-size/shape.)
5. Salt and pepper the fries and mix to distribute seasoning; add garlic.
6. Cut up the onions into rings and cut cheese slices for burgers.
7. Mince the garlic and grate your cheese.
8. Get your other burger-toppings ready.
9. Fry the fries and melt the mozzarella cheese on top in the microwave (though we did it later in a grill pan.)
10. Take all your burger-materials out to the grilling area.
11. Grill bugers, onions and bacon. (We chose the cast-iron skillet for the bacon)
12. Put together your burgers and serve with fries.
13. Enjoy! Try eating outside if it’s nice enough. ^_^
These go great with the peach iced tea.
Post by: Melissa Rook
Photos by: Melissa Rook and Colin Diltz