It’s been a while hasn’t it? I haven’t been cooking as much as I’d like, but I did make dinner tonight and it was super simple but still delicious (and really aren’t those the best dinners?) so I thought I would share it. The ingredient amounts are going to be what I used, when I cooked it for myself, so adjust accordingly.
Spaghetti (or other pasta) noodles
Chicken sausage, full cooked (your desired amount, or 1 per person on average)
A handful or two of spinach leaves
A few cloves of garlic, minced
A few small grape tomatoes
A small amount of olive oil to sauté
Grated Parmesan cheese (desired amount)
A dash of pepper
(Optional: Add additional items like mushrooms, bell peppers, onion, etc.)
1. Cook your noodles.
2. Chop your sausage, tomatoes, chicken sausage, and any other additional items that you’ve chosen.
3. Add your olive oil to a medium-heat pan and sauté garlic, then add your chopped chicken shortly after.
4. Add your chopped grape tomatoes.
5. Add your spinach and some black pepper. Sauté until medium-green in color and soft.
6. Stir to incorporate ingredients.
7. Add cheese and let it melt!
8. Add on top of your noodles and enjoy!
I really liked my chicken sausage, and I thought I’d show you the brand that I bought, just in case you were interested:
I don’t usually eat chicken sausage but I never imagined it’d actually taste good. This dish is actually a variation on something I’ve done in the past, which was exactly this recipe but without the sausage and cheese and tomato, and with the addition of red pepper flakes. There are endless possibilities.
Post by: Melissa
Photos by: Melissa