I bought some assorted packages of meat (chicken, pork and beef) at the local grocery store and one of them was a beef package of “stir fry meat.” That’s where I got the inspiration for my meal. I’ve made stir fry many times in the past, and decided to use my hoisin garlic marinade on this meat, since it’s what I had on hand. Keep in mind that this is about 2-4 servings for me, when I am not stuffing myself full, and plan accordingly. This would also be good with fried egg or bacon in it. Here comes the recipe!
One package of stir fry meat (I used beef that was pre-cut, about 1 pound)
Red (or other) bell pepper
1/8 bag frozen peas and carrots
1/2 of an onion
3 cloves of garlic
Any other vegetables as desired
Sesame oil (for cooking)
Marinade (if desired, I used this)
Cooked quinoa (or rice)
1. Cook your quinoa or rice according to package instructions (1 cup quinoa to 2 cups water).
2. Chop all ingredients to desired size (meat and vegetables).
3. Heat your sesame oil in a pan and add your meat.
4. Flip your meat when the bottom starts to brown, to ensure even cooking.
5. Add your garlic and onions.
6. Add your frozen peas and carrots.
7. Add your chopped bell pepper and top it off with your green onions.
8. Cook thoroughly. Be sure not to overcook, or leave the meat too raw! It is a delicate balance. Then serve over your rice or quinoa and enjoy!
Post by: Melissa
Photos by: Melissa