As I had a rather large quantity of leftover Nutella, and a desire to bake, I searched online for a Nutella brownie recipe. I came across this one and decided to use it, with the addition of walnuts (because I had those too and brownies are always better with nuts!)
It was super easy to follow and they turned out really well, so I thought I’d share my experience with anyone who wants to make something special for Valentine’s Day or really any other brownie-appropriate occasion.
1/2 cup flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup Nutella
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup unsalted, melted butter (room temperature)
Walnuts (if you’d like, I think I used 1/2-3/4 cup)
A dash of cinnamon
1. Melt your butter. Let it cool till it is room temperature and set aside. You may also preheat your oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit at this time, because the prep time for these brownies is minimal.
2. Mix your flour and salt in a bowl.
2. In another bowl, combine your eggs, brown sugar, Nutella, and vanilla. Whisk until smooth. This is also when I chose to add my walnuts.
3. While mixing at a low speed, alternate adding dry ingredients and the melted butter.
4. Butter or grease your square baking dish, or use parchment paper, with the parchment overhanging the lip of the pan to make for easy removal. Spread your mixture evenly in the pan. I greased mine a bit too vigorously but in the end it was fine. Sprinkle the cinnamon on top.
5. Put your brownies in the oven and bake for about 35 minutes (mine took about 40.) Brownies are done when a toothpick inserted in the center (or a fork/knife which is what I had to resort to as I don’t own toothpicks)comes out clean. Allow to cool for two hours, after which you can easily cut them into squares to serve.
Post by: Melissa
Photos by: Melissa