I always seem to have a craving for Mexican food. However, when Colin suggested huevos rancheros I was hesitant. I’ve never liked incorporating eggs into my meals other than a simple scramble for breakfast, or fried eggs alongside some toast or an English muffin. However, this turned out very well!
6 flour tortillas
1/2 can chili
1 can diced tomatoes
1/2 Tablespoon Dried ground ancho pepper, cumin, chili powder, red pepper flakes
Rice a Roni Mexican Rice (optional, side dish)
1. Fry all the eggs to your preference.
(Be sure to pepper the eggs)
2. Combine chili and tomatoes in a pot and cook on low heat.
3. Add the spices to the chili mixture and cook until liquidy like a sauce.
4. Cook tortillas in microwave or on stove.
5. Place tortillas on a plate, with an egg on each.
6. Drizzle with sauce and whatever other toppings you would like.
7. Plate with Rice a Roni Mexican rice, refried beans, etc.
Post by: Melissa Rook
Pictures by: Melissa Rook and Colin Diltz