This food is a grilling type of food, but for some reason it reminds me more of the fall. If the weather was nicer I’m sure we’d do more outdoor cooking, but we get by.
This chicken can be cooked on the grill or inside, in a pan. If you wanted to, I’m sure you could even bake it. Enjoy! You could even grill the whole chicken breast if that’s more your style.
We also made some side dishes to go along with our meal. We chose to go with zuchinni and cinnamon-pineapple. It was so good.
1/2 pound chicken breast (cut up)
2 Tablespoons cumin
2 containers of plain greek yogurt
3-5 cloves of garlic, minced
For the Pineapple:
1. Put the yogurt in the bowl.
2. Take the chicken and either cut it up or don’t, depending on your preference, then stick it in a bowl.
3. Mince the garlic.
4. Add cumin to the bowl.
5. Add the minced garlic.
6. Coat chicken in all ingredients.
7. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap.
8. Leave in fridge for 6-12 hours.
9. Remove bowl from fridge.
10. Either skewer chunks of chicken for grilling, stick in a pan for frying, or place whole chicken breasts on grill. Scrape most of the excess yogurt off.
11. Cook thoroughly. If you want to, during this time you can also grill the zuchinni and pineapple dusted with cinammon.
12. Done! You can work through this recipe the same way with the pineapple and the zuchinni, which you cook in a pan with a little bit of oil.
Photos by: Colin Diltz and Melissa Rook
Post by: Melissa Rook