Lately we’ve been watching a lot of cooking shows, like 30 minute meals, Iron Chef America and Five ingredient Fix. A few days ago we were watching 30 minute meals with Rachel Ray and she made open-face Cuban sandwiches. With a few alterations, we decided to recreate these for dinner with some friends. Everyone loved them! (For reference: Rachel Ray also added yellow mustard and a pickle on top.)
Equal parts ground pork and chorizo
1/3 of an onion, chopped
6 cloves of garlic
sweet rolls (cut in half)
Cumin, red pepper flakes and red cayenne pepper
1/2 cup beer (we used a blonde ale)
A little Ketchup or 1/4 cup tomato paste
Swiss cheese slices for topping
1. Begin cooking your ground pork, preheat oven to 350 degrees, and cut up rolls.
2. Cut up your onion and garlic, cook in separate pot/pan.
3. Add chorizo and cook on medium heat for a few minutes.
4. Add your ketchup or tomato paste and cook for a few minutes.
5. Add your beer and cook off excess liquid.
6. Bake your rolls in the oven for 5-10 minutes (until crispy)
7. Place mixture on sandwich rolls, leave open. Add cheese to tops.
8. Heat a few minutes in oven, or until cheese melts.
Photos by: Colin and Melissa
Post by: Melissa