Today I’ve decided to share a recipe for beef and pork meatballs. These can be used in a variety of ways, including on top of spaghetti (all covered in cheese…), served plain, on top of rice, or with a variety of sauces. I used whole grain thin spaghetti and Classico spicy tomato and basil sauce. This is a perfect summer food for those cooler days, but it reminds me of fall. This recipe makes about 2 dozen meatballs.
1 lb. ground beef
1 lb. ground pork sausage
2.5 T cumin
3-4 cloves of garlic, minced (depending on preference)
1 T black pepper
1 T red pepper flakes
1 T chili powder
Optional: Spaghetti noodles and sauce, or other additions to your meal
IMPORTANT NOTE: Make sure meat is entirely thawed ahead of time.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine spices in bowl.
3. Mince garlic cloves.
4. Knead ground pork sausage and beef together in bowl.
5. Add minced garlic and spices.
6. Continue kneading until thouroughly mixed.
7. Grab a meatball-sized piece of mixture.
8. Roll the mixture between your hands into a spherical shape.
9. Place meatballs 1/2 inch apart on baking sheet or pizza tray.
10. Bake for 15 minutes at 350 degrees, then flip and continue cooking.
11. Continue cooking for 7 minutes or so, checking every so often. (When I cooked these they were done after 35 min.)
12. Remove from oven and prepare for serving.
Have you ever made homemade meatballs? What is your favorite way to serve/eat meatballs?
Photos by: Colin Diltz
Post by: Melissa Rook